Each year, thousands of homeowners make the decision to have their roof repaired or replaced. Since this decision requires an investment of your time as well as finances, it often elicits questions like, “How will I choose the right contractor” or “Does the warranty cover the materials and labor?” Below, we go further in depth on some of the more common concerns that homeowners have when faced with the prospect of replacing their roof. If you are in search of quality Roofing Contractors in Avon, Indiana use this information as a guide and do not hesitate to reach out to a member of our knowledgeable staff if you have additional questions.
How to Choose the Right Roofing Contractor
Choosing the right roofing contractor is not a matter of finding the right personality fit. There are many factors to consider including their specialty, experience, references, reviews, licensure, as well as pricing. Listed below, we discuss each factor in greater detail.
- Licensure: While the State of Indiana does not require roofing contractors to be licensed, you should ensure that your contractor is insured and has the intention as well as ability to obtain a building permit before beginning the roofing process.
- Experience: Your roofing contractors experience is important, especially since Indiana does not require licensing. Your contractor should be able to provide you with pictures and/or videos of recent work completed. In addition, it is recommended that you work with a contractor that his experience with your type of roof and desired material.
- Specialty: All roofing contractors in Avon, Indiana are not made the same. There are some contractors that focus on a specific type of material while others are well versed with a bevy of materials. Please see more about roofing material specialties below.
- Reviews/References: When deciding on your roofing contractors, be sure to check their online reviews and ask for references. While you can usually be guaranteed to receive a “good reference” from them, it does at least show you that they have clients that will vouch for them. Companies that cannot produce customers willing to vouch for their work and companies that should not be trusted to handle your roofing project.
- Pricing: During your free estimate, pricing will be discussed. The cost of having your roof replaced with depends on the size of your roof, type of roofing material, and whether or not you will have to make any repairs to the structure of your roof. It is always recommended to get multiple estimates so you can compare costs, professionalism, and overall fit before you make a final decision.
Your choice in roofing contractor will directly affect every other aspect of your roofing project. This is why the United States Government recommends that all consumers have multiple estimates completed by contractors.
Should My Roofing Contractor Have a Specialty?
Most roofing contractors choose to specialize in one roofing material over another. While some only focus on one type of roofing material, the roofing contractors at Jackson Contracting are experienced in a wide swath of materials to include metal, TPO, slate, asphalt shingles, wood shingles, rubber roofing, etc. Ensure that you discuss your specific needs with your contractor and ask examples of work that they have completed that is similar in nature.
What to Expect During The Roofing Process
Though your roof is one of the more important facets of your home, it does not take a lot of time to safely and effectively replace a roof. During the roofing process, you can expect to schedule 2 to 3 free estimates with roofing companies that you are interested in working with. If your roof has suffered damage that requires an immediate solution, you may have to rely on online reputation and reviews.
Once you have picked your roofing contractor, you can expect to have a construction date set. Before construction begins, ensure that your contractor has obtained the correct permits and is fully insured. The construction process will typically take between one and three days. During this time, you are typically able to stay in your home, but be prepared for construction level noises during the day. If you have animals or small children that are sensitive to loud noises it may be best to make plans for them to be away from home during construction hours.
Choosing the Material That is Best For Your Roof?
There is not one material that is better than all other roofing materials. However, some materials may be better for your specific needs. Choosing between a metal, rubber, or slate roof will depend on your geography, budget, housing association and style. As the premier roofing contractor in Avon, Indiana we are able to offer solutions that fit most all needs for our residential and commercial customers alike.
Types of Warranties Offered?
Roofing warranties come in two types. There is typically one warranty for workmanship and another for the roofing materials. Warranties on workmanship are typically much shorter than those on the roofing material which can last for 40 years or longer in some cases. Ensure that you discuss the warranty coverages that your roofing contractor offers. It is recommended to learn as much as you can about the warranties offered during the free estimate.
Why Our Clients Choose To Refer Us To Their Friends
At Jackson Contracting we hire roofers and crews that are specialized and experienced. We have garnered a strong name as roofing contractors in Avon, Indiana because we are professional, efficient and good at what we do. If you are in need of a roofing contractor or have questions about your unique set of conditions, give us a call and speak with one of our knowledgeable staff members today.