There are many roofing contractors in Terre Haute that are vying for your attention and your business. Some will knock on your door and leave flyers, others will give you a call. No matter their method of introduction, it is imperative that you diligently research each roofing contractor that you will potentially give your business to. Finding the best contractor will require you to know your needs as well as your budget. This will ensure that you are able to facilitate open communication with your contractor.
Finding a Trustworthy Roofing Contractor
Searching for a roofing contractor in Terre Haute can be an exhausting process. It will require diligence and time on your behalf, as well as trust. Below, we have outlined a few steps to help you to choose the best contractor for your needs.
- Know Your Needs: Know what roofing materials you are most interested in using. This knowledge can be obtained by speaking with multiple contractors and conducting your own research.
- Multiple Estimates: It is typical for homeowners to receive two to three estimates before they choose a contractor. During this process you can compare communication, experience and pricing.
- Research: Conduct thorough research on the roofing company that you wish to move forward with. This research should include:
- License and registration verification
- Insurance verification
- Verifiable references and reviews
- Examples of recently completed work
- Understanding of warranty and expected costs
- Experience: Ensure that your contractor has verifiable experience with your particular roof type and material. This can be provided via pictures, video, and/or references.
- Review Contract: While reviewing the contract, keep all verbal promises made at the top of your mind. If you do not find them in writing, then they do not exist. If you find language that you are not comfortable with, have a discussion with your contractor to gain further insight.
Your roof protects your life, your home, and all of your possessions under it. Take the time needed to properly vet your roofing contractor in the beginning to avoid potential blunders later in the process.
What Qualifications Does a Roofing Contractor Need?
In the State of Indiana, there are no exact qualifications needed to become a roofing contractor. Though municipalities like Terre Haute will require permits before a project begins as well as registration. With this is in mind, it is imperative that you complete as much background research on your potential roofing contractor in Terre Haute. Some questions to ask of your contractor include:
- How long have you been in business?
- What levels of insurance do you carry?
- What types of roofs have you worked on in the past?
- Can you provide me with verifiable references?
As mentioned in the previous section, esure that you verify the information provided. Jackson Contracting has been conducting business as a roofing contractor in Terre Haute and surrounding areas for more than 10 years. We have built an impeccable reputation and are qualified to complete roofing projects using a variety of materials to include metal, slate, rubber and asphalt.
Communicating With Your Contractor
As we all know, communication is a two way street. Before your roofing project begins, it is recommended that you have an in depth discussion with your contractor. Some of the points that you should discuss are listed below.
- Best method of communication: If you know that you do not have the time to hold many phone conversations during the day, explain to your contractor that emails or text messages work best for immediate contact and feedback.
- Best time to communicate: Working a nine to five can make it difficult to communicate during the day. Provide your contractor with a list of times throughout the day that you are easiest to reach.
- Initial concerns: There are unique situations that arise during a roofing process. If you are worried about low-hanging trees, disturbing the wildlife, noise during certain times, etc., ensure that you communicate this with your roofing contractor.
- Direct contact numbers: Provide your roofing contractor with the best number to reach you at. You should also ensure that you have a direct line of communication with them as well. Discuss their hours of operation and what you can expect regarding their levels of communication.
- Discussing the process: Ensure that you have a thorough understanding of the costs and expected timeframe. In addition, ask your contractor how they will keep you updated and at what intervals.
- Billing Process: What forms of payment do they accept and when will they be expecting payment?
Ask as many questions as you can and ensure that appropriate methods of communication are understood before the building process begins.
Balancing Your Budget and Needs
Before you contact a roofing contractor understand your budget. Jackson Contracting offers free estimates, so this will allow you to make an informed decision before you sign any contracts. However, depending on the size of your roof and the materials that you choose, your budget will play a major role in the decision making process. Ensure that you get all estimates in writing.
What Can I Expect After my Roof is Finished?
It is likely that you will receive a follow-up call or email asking you about your roofing experience. As the premiere roofing contractor in Terre Haute, Jackson Contracting provides excellent customer service and are available to answer any questions that you have before, during and after your roofing project is completed. During your first walkthrough after the roof is completed, if you have any concerns or questions, be sure to ask them. In addition, thoroughly read your warranty information so you are informed about what coverages your roof material and workmanship warranties offer. If you are ever in doubt, give us a call.