If your roof is approaching the end of its useful life, or if it has been damaged excessively from hail, ice dams, or other weather-related events, then it is probably time to start thinking about doing a full roof replacement. While this is a costly job and an involved process, it will ultimately add significant value to your home, as well as the curb appeal of your property. In addition to the increased value to your asset, you will ultimately be saving yourself a lot of money in minor repairs and upkeep due to leaks, heat loss, and other issues that are common with old, failing, or poorly-installed roofs.
If your roof is approaching the end of its life, or if you are unsure whether or not you should begin planning to replace your roof or just simply repair the problem areas, then contact us today for an inspection, or to schedule a meeting with one of our roof installation professionals to discuss the specifics of a roof replacement. Each roof is different, and we approach each job with the attention that it requires in order to give each of our customers a high-quality, long-lasting roof that suits their needs and fits their budget. Read more below about the basics of a roof replacement, and contact us now to begin the process of updating this essential part of your home.
The Basics of a Roof Replacement
When you are replacing your roof, there will be quite a few options that you will choose from, all of which the team at Jackson Contracting Inc. will happily guide you through.
A major decision to make is which material you will choose for your new roof. There are pros and cons of each, which you will be able to discuss in greater detail while planning your replacement. The most common materials to choose from are:
- Asphalt shingles – Least expensive
- Metal roofing – Durable, long-lasting, and attractive
- Slate roof – Often difficult to maintain, but very attractive
- Wood shingles – Durable and attractive, but have little fire resistance
- Impact-resistant shingles – If you are concerned about defending your home against hail damage, then this is a more expensive but very durable option
Roof Replacement Season
One obvious concern about replacing your roof is exposing your home to the elements. It is extremely important to us that we time a roof replacement appropriately, and execute the removal and installation in a timely but calculated fashion. If your roof is damaged and requires immediate replacement, then we will work to address your needs as soon as possible. However, if you are planning to replace a roof, we will work to schedule your replacement in a time that makes sense for the weather and for your convenience. We are happy to discuss your needs and to determine a replacement schedule that makes the most sense for you.
How a Roof Replacement Works
Replacing a roof is a complicated process — one that our team has extensive experience executing for homeowners. The details of a roof replacement changes depending on a variety of factors that go into making each house, and each roof, unique, but below is a general timeline of the roof replacement process in Indianapolis.
- Removing existing shingles or other roofing material
- Making necessary repairs to plywood sheathing
- Install new ice dam protection where appropriate
- Apply roofing paper as an additional weather barrier
- Install and/or replace flashing as necessary
- Install tab shingles
- Install shingles, apply flashing at any high-risk areas for leaks, and install ridge vent to finish the installation
- Site cleanup and debris removal
- Final building inspection and approval
Depending on the condition of your existing roof, any damage that needs to be addressed, and any complications present, the exact process will vary. We will work with you to explain any and all unique issues with your roof so that you are able to be aware of all of the work that we are doing for you.
Contact Us Today
Whether you need your roof replaced yesterday, or need to begin planning for a replacement in the future, contact us today to speak with a roofing contractor in Indianapolis to learn about how we can help you with your needs. Our experience and high-quality standards will ensure that your replacement roof is the upgrade that you hope for, with a team that you can trust. We look forward to working with you.
- Ridge Vents and Roof Ventilation
- Reasons for a New Roof
- Roof Replacement FAQ
- Average Cost to tear off and replace the roof
- Factors That Can Affect Roof Replacement
- Step-by-Step Guide to Roof Replacement
- When is it Time to Replace Your Roof?