The siding that wraps around your home serves two purposes –– (1) it boosts your home’s curb appeal, and (2) it acts as a barrier by protecting your home from moisture and weather elements. As the years go by (or perhaps maybe a streak of bad weather), your siding can start to show signs of damage that would warrant some general maintenance to be made. If you forgo any Indianapolis siding repair, things like moisture and mold can invade your home causing more structural damage. Not all siding issues require replacement and many problems can be handled with simple siding repair.
For years, Jackson Contracting Inc. has provided exceptional customer service and provided reliable, timely, and effective siding repair services to our clients. We are committed to giving the best repair experience so that your home can look the way it used to –– and the way it should.
Types of Siding & Their Quirks
There are many types of siding that a homeowner can have on their home and each of them has their own potential problems and unique approaches to repairing them. Some types of siding and their quirks include:
- Stucco – Stucco siding can suffer from cracks in the mortar and the best way to repair this problem is by filling in the cracks with more stucco material (for moderate cracks).
- Wood – Wood siding can become faded, cracked, and rotted from age and weather. Any sections would have to be removed and replaced.
- Vinyl – Vinyl siding can suffer from cracking and fading; any sections would have to be removed and replaced.
- Fiber Cement – Fiber cement siding can become cracked at which point the section would have to be replaced.
How Much Does It Cost For Indiana Siding Repair?
Naturally, one of the questions that a homeowner might have about siding repair is –– how much does it cost? There are a number of factors that can influence the estimate on siding repair in Indianapolis (which we will cover in a moment), however, the average one can expect to pay is between $600 – $1,200 which includes labor and materials.
The amount that you pay will vary depending on:
- Materials –– some materials are cheaper to repair, like vinyl siding, while others, such as aluminum siding, are more expensive to repair since most of them require full replacement.
- Location –– The price of your siding repair can depend on the location of the damage especially if it is in a hard-to-reach area. If the repairs need to be done on another level of your home, it can cost more because of increased safety measures.
Now, another thing to keep in mind would be whether it would be better to repair or replace your siding. To answer your question, they both have their pros and cons. Repairing your siding is certainly easier and cheaper than replacement, however, depending on the material your house uses, it can be noticeable and off-color from the rest of your siding. If you replace your siding, you (of course) get new siding but it can be more expensive. Deciding whether to repair or replace your siding relies on the extent of any visible damage and the professional opinion of an experienced roofing contractor.
Make Your Siding Look Like New With Jackson Contracting Inc.
Just like other parts of your home, your house’s siding needs to be regularly maintained so it can maximize your home’s curb appeal and properly protect your home from weather and invaders like mold. The ease and cost of your Indianapolis siding repair can depend on a number of factors including the materials your siding is made of and the location in which repairs need to be made. When it comes to the debate between repairing or replacing, repairing is always the better option, but, this would also depend on your roofing contractor’s professional opinion.
With Jackson Contracting Inc., we pride ourselves on providing a friendly, honest customer experience and putting 110% into every job that we complete. We utilize our years of experience of siding repair and the area to determine what would be the best option for you at a reasonable price.