With over 5 million roofs being replaced each year in the United States, you will find yourself in good company when you make the decision to hire a roofing contractor in McCordsville, IN to handle your roofing needs. Before you sign the contract, it is best that you conduct your own research on the roofing contractor, the type of roofing material that you desire and your budget. Since your roof protects everything inside of your house, it is recommended that you work with the best materials and contractors to get the job done. When you choose to replace your roof you are making an investment in your home that can yield a positive ROI in many ways. If you find that you have additional questions or would like to schedule your free estimate, give our staff of experts a call today.
Finding The Right Roofing Contractor
Though there are a plethora of available roofing contractors in McCordsville, IN, they will not all be equipped to handle your specific needs. Finding the best roofing contractor for your roofing project will require you to complete a few steps before you move forward with your chosen contractor.
- Conduct Your Research: In some cases, you will be able to solicit referrals from friends, family, or neighbors. When this option is not available, it is recommended that you refer to online reviews as well as the contractor’s ability to provide you with proof of past roofing projects.
- Schedule Your Free Estimate: The Consumer Information Division of the FTC recommends that you receive at least three estimates before you make a final decision on your roofing contractor. This will allow you to get an overall understanding of what the marketplace has to offer in skill, professionalism, and price.
- Ask For Proof: In the State of Indiana, it is not required for roofing contractors to be licensed, so it is up to you to ensure that they show you proof of insurance as well as proof of building permits before construction begins.
Choosing a reputable and experienced roofing contractor is the most important decision you will make in the journey to replace your roof. It can be the difference between your roof barely lasting through its warranty or outperforming its estimated lifespan.
Roofing Material Comparison
While choosing your roofing contractor may be the most important decision you make when replacing your roof, choosing the right material comes in at a close second. The roofing material you choose will have a direct impact on the overall value of your home, aesthetic appeal, durability during inclement weather as well as insurance rates. It is best to discuss your options with your roofing contractor to ensure that your desired material is a good fit for your budget as well as roof structure. Below, you will find an overall comparison of some of the more common types of roofing materials.
- Metal Roof: This roofing material is known to have malleable design properties, is lightweight and typically easier to maintain than other roofing materials. Metal roofs can be expected to last anywhere from 30 to 100 years depending on the type of metal.
- Slate Roof: Slate roofs are among the most elegant of roofing materials. They are of the more expensive materials but can last for up to 150 years. Slate should only be installed by highly skilled and experienced roofing contractors in McCordsville, IN.
- Asphalt Roof: While asphalt roofs are not known to last for more than 15 years, they are great for those that are not able to afford roofing materials like slate or metal. In addition, there are varying grades of asphalt that offer differing levels of protection from the elements as well as wear and tear.
How to Maintain Your Roof
Implementing an appropriate roof maintenance schedule is something that helps to increase the longevity of your roofing system. Professional roofing contractors recommend that homeowners have their roof inspected at least twice a year, once before winter and again before the summer season. In addition, ensure that you check your roof for debris, potential hazards like low-hanging branches and standing water as often as you can and especially after inclement weather. In some instances, neglecting to properly maintain your roof can void the warranty on your roofing materials. Also, keeping a well-maintained roof can help to increase the life of your roof and help you to avoid potentially expensive roof repairs.
Benefits of Having Your Roof Replaced
Having your roof replaced will not only bring immediate benefits like fortifying your home and enhancing its curb appeal, but it can also save you money in the long run. If your old roof had leaks or was prone to letting out heat in the winter and A/C in the summer, then your roof replacement will automatically decrease your utility bills and hopefully increase your savings. In addition, some insurance companies offer discounts depending on the type of roofing material that you choose. Lastly, a new roof can add more than $12,000 to the value of your home. These are all good reasons to choose a roofing material that will be durable, stylish and affordable.
Why Our Customers Refer Us
Our customers have recommended and referred us so often because of the quality of work that we do and the professionalism that we offer at Jackson Contracting. We are experienced with a variety of materials to include metal (copper, zinc, aluminum, steel), asphalt, slate, rubber, etc. In addition, we are able to customize any metal structure to include gutters. We pride ourselves in going the extra mile and providing our customers with honest and knowledgeable feedback. If you are considering a roof repair or replacement in the near future, give our customer service team a call today to schedule your free estimate.