Copper Roof Service
Copper roofs have been used for hundreds of years all throughout the world. Recently, the popularity of copper roofs has increased due to the many benefits that come with this common metal. Aside from the tangible benefits, a copper roof adds a natural and undeniable beauty to any home. If you are thinking about installing a copper roof on your home then you are on your way to making a profitable investment.
Benefits of a Copper Roofing
The benefits of a copper roof are wide in range. They are one of the only roofs that can seemingly last forever. There are a large number of copper roofs built in the 17th century that are still intact today. Copper roofs are also great for extreme weather conditions and handling inclimate weather. Some other benefits include:
- Longevity: Copper roofs have famously lasted for centuries. If installed properly, it will more than likely outlast the inhabitants of the home.
- Low to no maintenance: Fortunately, a copper roof is mostly maintenance free. Of all metals, copper is the least likely to corrode do to it properties.
- Lightweight: Of all the metals, copper is one of the most lightweight. This qualifies as a benefit because it decreases the load put on the rest of your home.
- Return on Investment: This material proves to be one the best investments in comparison to other choices in roofs. This is because they enhance the look of your home, typically cost less to maintain, lower your heating and cooling cost, and increase the value of your home.
- Eco-friendly: Copper is one of the only metals that is 100 percent recyclable. If you are interested in making environmentally friendly choices, then copper is an excellent choice of material.
- Resistant to Fire: This material is adverse to going up in flames if a loose ember lands on it. This characteristic can potentially qualify your home for insurance discounts.
These are just a few benefits of a copper roof. To learn more about the benefits of installing a copper roof is it recommended to contact a specialized roofing contractor in Indianapolis.
Other Things to Consider
As you can see, copper roofs come with a litany of benefits both aesthetically and financially. However, there are a few other items to consider before moving forward and purchasing a copper roof. Some things for homeowners to think about include:
- Initial Cost: Long term, copper roofs are incredibly cost effective. However, the initial cost of this roof is typically much higher than the average roofing material. This is a cost that you must be prepared for.
- Color Changes: To some homeowners this is a benefit. For others, not so much. Copper tends to change colors and shades over the years. If you are not open to the look of your home changing then copper may not be for you.
Budgeting for a Copper Roof
If aluminum is the Honda of metal roofs, copper is the Bentley. With this in mind, when you are researching the cost of a copper roof it is imperative to consider the long term benefits in addition to the initial cost. Some of the long term financial benefits include decreased maintenance fees, increased home value, potential insurance benefits and decreased heating and air conditioning costs.
Choosing a copper roof is one of the best decisions that a homeowner can make. With proper installation by an expert metal roofing contractor it will last longer than just about any other type of roof.
- Corrugated Metal Roofing
- Metal Shingle Roofing
- Standing Seam Metal Roofing
- Steel Roofing
- Stone Coated Steel Roofing
- Metal Roof Repair
- Types of Metal Roofs
- Aluminum Roofing